Have you ever heard of periodontal disease, also known as gum disease? Gum disease is a dangerous, yet common oral infection that affects numerous people all around the world. Gum disease can have profound consequences if left untreated, including permanent tooth loss. Listed below are the symptoms of gum disease and what to watch for:
– Does it look like your gums are receding away from your teeth, exposing more of their roots?
– Do you suffer from frequent bouts of halitosis (bad breath) no matter how often you brush and floss?
– Do you smoke or chew tobacco regularly?
– Do your teeth appear to be loose or wobbly?
– Do your gums routinely bleed when consuming food or brushing and flossing?
– If you have poor oral hygiene, you will be at an increased risk for gum disease.
– Have you been given any medications that list gum disease as a potential side effect?
– Do you have delicate gums that appear swollen, tender to the touch, or are often red and bleeding?
If you would like to discuss a gum disease treatment with Dr. Kelner, Dr. Kelner, and the rest of our team here at Kelner Periodontics LLC, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our periodontist office in Clark, New Jersey. Our number is 732-587-6740. Every day is another chance to improve your oral health.